volunteers Code of Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to articulate the standards of conduct which are required of volunteers working for C&GWC. This will assist all volunteers to understand clearly the expectations of them as well as their responsibilities and obligations.
All volunteers must undertake a volunteer induction. Please contact a Head Coach or his representative at C&GWC or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteers are expected to agree to and uphold appropriate standards of behaviour.
These standards of behaviour include to:
- support the C&GWC Head Coach and/or staff in the development of an engaged and professional community and act consistently within the C&GWC mission of ‘Valuing Wheel Gymnastics in Society’.
- support C&GWC’s policies. The C&GWC has delegated responsibility for implementing these policies to the Head Coach;
- treat all members of the C&GWC community with honesty, integrity, respect and courtesy;
- follow all relevant polices, guidelines and instructions with regard to the safety of children and young people;
- refrain from behaviour which constitutes bullying, discrimination or any form of harassment.
- respect and comply with all Federal, State and local laws
- declare situations that may give rise to or perception of a conflict of interest
- respect the privacy of others and others’ personal and sensitive information
- refrain from undertaking duties for C&GWC while under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, narcotics, or other substances that may impair your normal physical and mental abilities
- take reasonable care to ensure their own health and safety at work and avoid adversely affecting the health and safety of others; and
- present for volunteering in a timely manner, in attire appropriate to their role as a volunteer, and in a fit state to undertake tasks.
- Undertake volunteer induction in a timely manner before working on behalf of C&GW
It should be clear that volunteers must not:
- Make improper use of information acquired as a volunteer
- Engage in conduct likely to bring discredit upon the C&GWC
- Personally benefit at the expense of the C&GWC or give the appearance of doing so
- Take inappropriate advantage of their volunteer position
- Make improper use of information acquired in their role as a volunteer
- Exercise powers of the C&GWC individually without the approval of (delegation by) C&GWC and Head coach.